Tuesday 19 November 2019

Champagne and hearts

Celebrating Good Times!



I got the idea most likely from Pinterest, and then had to go out and find small heart designs.  I found a couple of cute Dovecraft sets of tiny hearts, not too badly priced.  Halfway through I lost one of the tinier hearts and bought a replacement set.  (Which I obviously found as soon as the new set arrived!)

Time To and Celebrate came via a magazine, along with the champagne/cork/champagne glass dies.

I also had a small embossing folder with hearts that I really fancied using.  The papers were all out of my paper stash.  I really liked the backing paper with the pink roses.  I think it helps to ground the flow of hearts up and the right hand side of the card.

It took a while to sort out the placement of everything, espcially getting the embossed parts of the paper to fit in with my design.



To show a little more the detail - here's a larger picture of the dies.  I cut the celebrate die out twice to make it pop out a little and give it some definition.

The champagne bottle is two dies with the colours swopped, so you get a red bottle with silver labels.  Same with the champagne glasses.

I tried the Time To as just letters but they got lost on the card so I went to reverse image and backed it onto black card.

Some extra detial on the hearts here.  Each heart is folded and stuck down with a thin line of glue on the fold.

I used a comination of heart dies, combining large hearts with small ones to create depth or extra coverage.





In the inside, I used a lovely vellum quote on some equally lovely paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment